Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
datanibbler
Champion
Champion

Where is the "QlikView Admin" group granting access to the QMC?

Hi,

there is a group "QlikView Administrator" and only the people in that group have access to the QMC, isn't that right?

I am going to leave the company soon, so I have to make sure things can continue to run smoothly.

The thing is, I don't remember very clearly what kind of group that is.

Can someone help me there and just tell me what is usually the case, then I can ask our IT

Thanks a lot!

Best regards,

DataNibbler

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

Hi Friedrich,

That's a local security group. From Installing QlikView Server, see the below:

When installing QlikView Server/Publisher, several security groups are created. Several other security groups must be created following the installation. These must be properly configured to ensure that the appropriate services can run, and to ensure that users can access the appropriate functionality. Before you begin the installation, see Security Groups in QlikView Publisher Repository.

Hope this helps,

Chip

Principal Technical Support Engineer with Qlik Support
Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you!

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

Hi Friedrich,

That's a local security group. From Installing QlikView Server, see the below:

When installing QlikView Server/Publisher, several security groups are created. Several other security groups must be created following the installation. These must be properly configured to ensure that the appropriate services can run, and to ensure that users can access the appropriate functionality. Before you begin the installation, see Security Groups in QlikView Publisher Repository.

Hope this helps,

Chip

Principal Technical Support Engineer with Qlik Support
Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you!
datanibbler
Champion
Champion
Author

Thanks a lot!

I will forward that to our IT, they have to locate that group.

P.S.: Oh my - that group apparently does exist, the question is who can make someone a member of the group ... Well, we will work that out somehow - I hope 😉