Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

could not start distribution service

Hi i get this error message:

Could not start Distribution services

error 1067

I have tried to give my Account access in component services and it has all the rights in administrator Group and i have given it access on folder level.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

this here did the trick: Rebuilding all performance counters including extensible and third-party counters To rebuild all Performance counters including extensible and third-party counters, type the following commands at an Administrative command prompt. Press ENTER after each command. Rebuilding the counters:     cd c:\windows\system32     lodctr /R     cd c:\windows\sysWOW64     lodctr /R Resyncing the counters with Windows Management Instrumentation (WMI):     WINMGMT.EXE /RESYNCPERF Stop and restart the Performance Logs and Alerts service. Stop and restart the Windows Management Instrumentation service. Create a new Data Collector Set (do not use an existing Data Collector Set).

View solution in original post

14 Replies
ashfaq_haseeb
Champion III
Champion III

Hi you can try running lodctr /r

If you're getting a 1067 error it is possible you are getting a port conflict so the service can't start.

use netstat to find any processes using particular QV ports

e.g. from the cmd line

netstat -a -n -o | findstr :4747

If you find a conflicting of port then you can configure qlikview to use different port.

For more details on ports

Please refer below link.

http://community.qlik.com/docs/DOC-6500

Regards

ASHFAQ

Not applicable
Author

i get tcp

0.0.0.0:4747 is this wrong?

Not applicable
Author

how can i change the port then?

Not applicable
Author

I cannot open my QMC either- It just says  internet Explorer cannot display the webpage

ashfaq_haseeb
Champion III
Champion III

Hi,

Try opening by another browser.

Regards

ASHFAQ

Not applicable
Author

doesn't work in another browser. I still cant start Distribution Services

Not applicable
Author

Hi I got the QMC working now by restarting my performance counters. But im still having a error in the Distribution Services.

Do you have any idea on how I switch which port it is using?

rohitians
Creator III
Creator III

Dear Thomas,

We had got the same error what we did was after going to services right click, go in properties and log on as qvadmin  and we could restart the services obviously we login in servers by qvadmin account..

Try this out.

Thanks,

Rohit

Not applicable
Author

Hi im getting the same error even if im logged in as the qvadmin