cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kev6brown
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

distribution service error

I have an issue with distribution service . The service becomes unavailable in the QMC, but is still in a state of ‘running’ on the server. Why is this and how can I sort it?

Kev

2 Replies
Sonja_Bauernfeind
Digital Support
Digital Support

Do you see any error messages in the QMC?

Are your tasks still running or failing?

Can you find error messages in the QlikView Distribution Service log, the Management Service log, or the Windows Event (System & Application) log?

Don't forget to Like posts and use the "Accept as Solution" button on content that answered your question! Thanks 🙂
Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

Kevin, did you follow Sonja's guidance?  There should likely be messages in the QMS logs regarding it not being able to contact the QDS service, and depending upon the version you are running, there may be a recommendation on what to do to address the issue.  Let us know what you see.

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.