cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

encryption error when creating a connection to Active Directory

Hello!

I cannot create a connection to Active Directory in the server management console. When I enter the name of the AD server and save it - the user name displays "encryption error" and in the logs:

Warning (DSC.DirectoryFramework) Setting up adDSP 'LDAP: //10.1.55.100' wasn't successful: Setting up connection failed; Bad username or password

Labels (2)
3 Replies
kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi Check couple of things.

1. See if the server (LDAP) is reachable from the Qlik Server.

2. Try adding the Domain name in URL like LDAP://IP/dc=Domain,dc=com

3. Check if the username is entered in "domain\user" form.

4. Check the password.

Regards,

Kaushik Solanki

Please remember to hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

We checked all these items. Everything is OK, but the error is the same.
Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

Are you attempting to add a second AD to the QV environment? Or, is this part of the initial setup/config of the QV environment?

Does the account running the QV Directory Service Connector (DSC) have the appropriate permissions to interact with Active Directory?  If not, you can specify an account to use in QlikView Management Console (QMC) > System > Setup > Directory Service Connector > DSC > Active Directory > General tab > Username/Password field.

Also, does the QV environment reside in the same domain as AD? If not, then a full, two-way trust is needed.

Qlik Support article Configuring QlikView to connect to multiple domains and getting error when communicating with the Ro..., may have some information pertinent to your issue, so give it a read. If you require further assistance, I suggest that you contact Qlik Support. 

Best Regards,

Chip

Principal Technical Support Engineer with Qlik Support
Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you!