Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sushil353
Master II
Master II

how to deploy qlikview application on server

Hi All,

I have developed a qlikview application test.qvw and associative qlikview data file test.qvd on my personal laptop using leased licence.....

Now i want to deploye the application on the server and want to schedule it on daily basis so that the data should be refreshed.... i have a sourse folder and user folder named  manufacturing.....in QEMC

i have never used the server and publisher...Please tell, how can i achieve this so that the application will be deployed and it will be available on access point...

Is there any step by step tutorial or any document for help.... Please help me to solve this problem....

Thanks

6 Replies
kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

If the server installed on your laptop.

Click on start -> all programs -> qlikview -> Qlikview enterprise management console

A browser will open.

Go to System tab ->Setup -> QlikviewServer -> click on + -> click on

QVS@ your PC Name -> Folder.

Specify the folder where you have your qlikview application.

Click on Apply button at right bottom. (Dont forgot to click on this button)

This way you can deploy your application on Qlikview Server.

Regards,

Kaushik Solanki

Please remember to hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
sushil353
Master II
Master II
Author

Hi Solanki,

What if the qlikview server is installed on a remote server machine.

kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

Then you must have to have the access to use that machine.

If you have you can open the qlikview management console from your browser using following url.

http://Ip of remote machine:4780/qemc/default.htm

Regards,

Kaushik Solanki

Please remember to hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
Not applicable

Hi Kaushik,

If we add the folder in System tab, then the user seeing our qlikview file should have folder level access.

If they dont have access to that folder, then user cannot access the file right,

so what we can do for that?

Not applicable

Hi sushil,

Did you learn anything about how to deploy qlikview application on server?

I faced with the same problem, we installed the qlikview server on remote server machine but i dont know how to deploy that I have developed qlikview applications.

Not applicable

Capure.PNG

I can't find the folder where i have to specify my QV app !

FYI: i have a unlicensed QV server version.

Thank You