Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Huiying
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

how to move QlikView document from one cluster to another?

Hei
We have 2 clustered QlikView enterprise environment. Each cluster has 5 qvs nodes, 2 distribution nodes, 1 web server and 1 management node.
One cluster is meant for EU customer. Another one is for US customer.
Now by mistake one US customer is added to EU cluster. 
Do you know what I should do to move it back to US cluster?

Best regards,

Susan

3 Replies
Josh_Berg_Support

Susan,

Can you please clarify what you mean when you say "Now by mistake one US customer is added to EU cluster. ", does that mean you've added a user to the wrong Qlikview environment or an incorrect QVW was added to the wrong Qlikview environment?  Was the QVW added to User Documents or Source Documents?  Can you share a screenshot so we can see what you're trying to move from one environment to the other? 

Thanks,
Josh

Qlik Support

To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hey Susan, I am guessing you mean you added the US customer to your EU QMC, i.e. a CAL on the EU environment?  If that is the case, things are pretty simple, just remove them from the EU environment via the QMC and add them to the US environment as you did mistakenly in EU.  I suspect you already figured this out, but I just wanted to be sure you were all set.  If you still have any questions, shout back.

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.
Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

Just to cover the bases, I realized you mentioned document in the subject, so let me cover that as well.  If you put a US customer source doc in the EU environment and created a task etc., all you need to do is copy the source doc back to the US environment and recreate your task etc. and then remove the task and triggers in EU, then you can remove the QVW file, and if you did get a CAL assigned in EU as well, you likely want to remove that from the user(s) too.  Hopefully that covers things better.

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.