Qlik Community

QlikView Management

Discussion Board for collaboration on QlikView Management.

Not applicable

inactive session

Hi,

I read already a couple of things about setting the time up for the session time out but I haven't found anything that works I tried several things on the server. So my question is now does anyone know how I can resolve this problem and set the session timeout on 6 hours for example??

regards,

MT

5 Replies
fabienmd
Contributor

Re: inactive session

Hi,

Did you try on the QMC in "System/Setup/Qlikview Servers/Performance" to set the "Maximum Inactive Session Time:" at 6hours ?

I think you also need to set the "Possible Session Timeout:" to a value > or = to the Inactive Session Time.

Not applicable

Hi,

The inactive session timeout setting can also be defined on per document (application). Try at QVMC --> Documents --> User Document --> (select your document or application) --> Server --> Performance.

Regards,

Kho

maggie50
New Contributor

Does the inactive session timeout on a document, override what is set on the server setting?

Not applicable

Hi,

Good question, I will need to request my RnD team to have a test. As for theory, document setting will override sever setting (Local Policy will override Server Policy).

Regards,

Kho

Not applicable

is there any option that when the time exeda ask Connection username and password again? Thank You

Community Browser