Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

load balancing QVS with QlikView Web Server in 9.0

Hi,

This is mentioned in the 9.0 reference document as a new feature. Has anybody set this up?

Thanks,

-Qin Zhang

qzhang@modeln.com

4 Replies
tseebach
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi,

I'm searching for the thing. I've just set up a cluster. But I'm really not sure what it does and how it works. There is a mention in the manual about a file that needs to be shared between all clusters.

Also any ideas for testing fail overs / loadbalancing would be greatly apprieciated.

I'm thinking about putting an LVS in front to have them share a single server name, but that would make QV loadbalancing a bit obsolete.

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Pls let me know how you configured the cluster with load balancer in front. Pls share some document.

Regards

Rajesh

tseebach
Luminary Alumni
Luminary Alumni

Hi Rajesh,

I've followed this tutorial the Linux box in front:

http://www.howtoforge.com/setting-up-a-high-availability-load-balancer-with-haproxy-wackamole-spread-on-debian-etch

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Section 22 of the server refenerce manual will explain how to Cluster QVS servers and what the load balancing is based on.

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.