Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

problem when i try to activate my licence

Hello

I have a problem when i try to activate my licence.

I use QV server 10, when i put my serial number and control on QMC and i try to apply the license an error message appears "server failed to set license : QVS@(name of my server) : failed to connect to server"

Someone could help me?

Thanks

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

Hello

Tanks for your answers. The problem has been resolved.

We use virtual server and the virtualization team did not give us the right rules for user admin. So that's why QVS service did not work.

Amine

View solution in original post

6 Replies
SunilChauhan
Champion
Champion

first restart your  qlikview server  from services.msc

then try to apply

Sunil Chauhan
Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Is this the only QlikView server you have? You can't use the same license on more thatn one server, unless you are clustering them.

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi,

Make sure the computer that is running QlikView Services has unrestricted inbound and outbound Internet access to port 4747 in order to connect to the QlikView registration server. You will need the serial number and control number either you activate it via Internet connection or using the LEF url as suggested by Ashutosh above.

Regards,

Miguel

Not applicable
Author

Hello

Tanks for your answers. The problem has been resolved.

We use virtual server and the virtualization team did not give us the right rules for user admin. So that's why QVS service did not work.

Amine

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

I have the same problem with virtual server. Can you tell me more details about the virtualization setup in this case?

Thanks!

Not applicable
Author

In this case reinstall was the solution - the server was installed with different user credentials.