Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

question

We handle qlikview security by assigning Active Directory users to a group and then assigning that group to a dashboard.

we have multiple developers that borrows license from server. These users work on their specific application and should access only the one they have access to.

what we are finding is that when one of these developers login they are seeing all the folders on server.

how can we restrict that.

8 Replies
Not applicable
Author

i only want groups who have access to dashboard via access point. Not via downloading it thru qlikview application.

ashfaq_haseeb
Champion III
Champion III

Hi do you have publisher?

Regards

ASHFAQ

Not applicable
Author

yes in prod , no in cert

ashfaq_haseeb
Champion III
Champion III

And where did you perform this test?

This type of security will be handled by publisher itself.

I would suggest you to add individual users instead of group while distribution.

Regards

ASHFAQ

maxgro
MVP
MVP

without publisher you can set permission on file system at the folder or file (qlik doc) level (right click --> properties --> security tab); you can use AD groups and/or users

if you have the publisher, the publisher can do the same thing

ashfaq_haseeb
Champion III
Champion III

Hi,

If no more questions, Close this thread by selecting appropriate answers.

Regards

ASHFAQ

Not applicable
Author

Hi Massimo

How do publisher perform same task as security groups. for example lets say you have app called sales.qvw. You create security group called Sales_QlikView_Group and add users who will have access to your sales dashboard. you assigned Named license and now all the users belonging with sales group will have access to dashboard. ( i can understand this scenerio)

how will you replicate similar scenerio with publisher installed. how will it work differently, do you still require to create security groups.

Please explain via example.

thanks

ashfaq_haseeb
Champion III
Champion III

Hi,

You can add group to distribute document.

But for cal allocation group will not work.

As cals cannot be allocated to group you need to add individual users in Licensing.

Regards

ASHFAQ