Qlik Community

QlikView Management

Discussion Board for collaboration on QlikView Management.

fredericvillemi
Contributor III

qv_user_manager doesn't work with V11 ?

Hi,

i'm trying to use qv_user_manager.exe from the Power Tools.

I have the latest version of this tool but when i want to launch it, even just to see the Version, i have the message below

Do you think it is because i use QV11SR1 or is it an issue with my Windows Server (2008 64bit) ?

D:\docs\qlikview\tools>qv-user-manager -V

Unhandled Exception: System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or ass

embly 'System.Core, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c56193

4e089' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

File name: 'System.Core, Version=3.5.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c

561934e089'

at qv_user_manager.Program.Main(String[] args)

WRN: Assembly binding logging is turned OFF.

To enable assembly bind failure logging, set the registry value [HKLM\Software\M

icrosoft\Fusion!EnableLog] (DWORD) to 1.

Note: There is some performance penalty associated with assembly bind failure lo

gging.

To turn this feature off, remove the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fus

ion!EnableLog].

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Employee
Employee

Re: qv_user_manager doesn't work with V11 ?

Do you have Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 installed correctly on the machine you are running on?

Also make sure to try the new version of qv-user-manager from Power Tools 1.1: http://community.qlik.com/docs/DOC-3059

9 Replies
Employee
Employee

Do you have Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 installed correctly on the machine you are running on?

Also make sure to try the new version of qv-user-manager from Power Tools 1.1: http://community.qlik.com/docs/DOC-3059

fredericvillemi
Contributor III

Hi,

i have only installed .NET 4.0

do you think i need to (and can !)  install 3.5 after 4.0 ?

Employee
Employee

The .NET Framework components install parallell and can be installed in any order you like, basically. If a tool is set to use 3.5 components, that's what you will need.

fredericvillemi
Contributor III

Hi,

i have tried with 3.5 and it works great !

Thanks

Now i try to add a user :

qv-user-manager --add=CAL AD\ABAB1234

and it tells me Nothing to add on QVS@server1

it's the same when i want to remove something

am i doing something wrong ?

thanks

fredericvillemi
Contributor III

Hmmm so sorry about my previous answer ..

i had not read the usage of the tool

echo AD\ABAB1234 | qv-user-manager --add=CAL works great !

thanks again

MVP
MVP

Stefan, I think it would be helpful to add this dependency to the Release Notes or Readme.

QV11 requires and enforces .Net 4.0 installation.

So I would (and I did) expect that a tool called qv_user_manager 11 is ready to run in a QV11 installation environment. The returned error (I think there is also another .net 3.5 dependency - XMLDBViewer, IIRC?)

is hard to understand for non-experts, so a note would really help people to get things up and running.

Just my 0.02 €, besides that, I really like the tools.

Stefan

regowins
Contributor II

Question, will this work if a user has been inactive for more than 24 hours but less than 30 days?

Thanks!

shay_cooper
New Contributor III

Hi out of curiosity did any one get this working in QV11 to remove cals presented in a file to the API rather than the default 30 day limit as the client would want to shorten this down to 7 days if possible.

regowins
Contributor II

Hi, as far as I know, this is how the PowerTools has been built: you cannot specify
the date range, and the tool will only clean cals above 30 days.

Community Browser