Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

qvw file not opening in licensed edition

Hi Friends,

I am new to qlikview tool and require your help in solving it. We are using a licensed qlikview edition. Earlier when i download any file from web to analyze it i was able to open this qvw file. I usually used to open qlikview personal edition-> Tools->Open Qlikview Access Point by giving athentication i was able to see all those qvw files which are published in server. I used to open any one of them and close it, after that i used to open file which i have dowloaded from web.

But now the problem i am facing is when i open qlikview personal edition-> Tools->Open Qlikview Access Point by giving athentication, it prompts me to a browser and qvw files open in browser, that is making me not to copy any of the sections and also not able to open the qvw files that i have dowloaded from the web.

I am attaching a screenshot of the problem i am facing. Please help me in solving it.

Thanks

Raghu

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

Hi Bill/Nayan, Thanks for your replies, I got this problem fixed. In order to fix this issue we need to change few configuration in server go to System-> AccessPoint-> Open Document Option select Same window from drop down, by doing this you can open qvw files from your access point.

Please find an attachment of screenshot.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Can you provide what version of QlikView Server you are running?

Also, in you Word Document any document you open through the accesspoint can't be edited as if you open the orginal qvw.

Bill

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
Not applicable
Author

Hi, Just try to enter your Servers admin userid and password on which qlikview server have been installed

Not applicable
Author

Hi Bill/Nayan, Thanks for your replies, I got this problem fixed. In order to fix this issue we need to change few configuration in server go to System-> AccessPoint-> Open Document Option select Same window from drop down, by doing this you can open qvw files from your access point.

Please find an attachment of screenshot.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Raghu, Thanks for replay but here our users need to open in different windows say at a time 2 to 3 documents they may open. Also just need to ask, Is that necessary to have my windows server in Domain for Ajax client ? or it should work in Workgroup as well?

Not applicable
Author

Hi Bill, Its QlikView Server 11.0 SR 2  64 bit

Windows Server 2007 64 bit (Workgroup)