Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gargi_bardhan
Creator
Creator

server migration

Hi!

The client has let it be SERVER-1, now we are migrating to SERVER-2, so can I run QVS on two different servers with the same key,

that mean can i have two instances of it parallely running as I need to do testing before Migrating to the new one?

In the SERVER-1 I hav Publisher as well , I took the LEF from it & apply it to SERVER-2 & its working fyn (I hav tested only the application reload part not with PDF generation) .

Regards,

Gargi

4 Replies
suniljain
Master
Master

you require cluster licenses for that.

SunilChauhan
Champion
Champion

when ever we require server on more than one machine then qliktech has special type of licence called cluster license.this license is used for decreasing load on servers.

the user request will be redirected randomly among servers.

Sunil Chauhan
Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Even with Cluster license you can't run two independent servers. The servers have to be cluster.

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
jonathandienst
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

Hi

I think the standard server license conditions allow you to install onto 2 or more servers, but the services may only be run on one server at any one time. This is to allow for a manual changeover to a backup DR server.

If you need a test server and a production server to run simultaneously, then you need 2 licenses; there is a special test server license. Enquire with your QV supplier/partner.

Regards

Jonathan

Logic will get you from a to b. Imagination will take you everywhere. - A Einstein