Qlik Community

QlikView OCX

Discussion Board for collaboration on QlikView OCX.

Highlighted
janneke_
Contributor

How can I change the layout of the helptext?

Hi all,

How can I change the layout of the pop-up of the help text?

I know I can make my own help text boxes with the help of actions etc., but I would like to use the help text of the object for better performance and easier maintenance of the dashboard. I would like to change fonts and colours (maybe add scrollbars), so that it matches the layout of my document.

Thank in advance for your input.

Regards, Janneke.

Tags (3)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
morganaaron
Valued Contributor

Re: How can I change the layout of the helptext?

Hi Janneke,

There are a few options available in terms of changing the formatting, if you go to:

Settings > Document Properties > General > Help Pop-ups (it's located middle left, second down in the stack of 4 buttons)

You can alter things like font, background colour, accompanying icon and setting a timeout.

Thanks.

4 Replies
morganaaron
Valued Contributor

Hi Janneke,

There are a few options available in terms of changing the formatting, if you go to:

Settings > Document Properties > General > Help Pop-ups (it's located middle left, second down in the stack of 4 buttons)

You can alter things like font, background colour, accompanying icon and setting a timeout.

Thanks.

janneke_
Contributor

Hi Aaron,

Thank you, this was exactly what I was looking for.

Do you maybe also know where to find additional settings, such as manipulating the size and position of the box?

Greetings, Janneke.

morganaaron
Valued Contributor

Hi Janneke,

As far as I know, I don't think you can - the box will autosize depending on how much text is put into it (up to the text limit that the help text allows!). Likewise, I don't think there's a way to adjust the positioning, but I could be wrong.

Aaron

janneke_
Contributor

Hi Aaron,

Thank you for the quick response.

Janneke.

Community Browser