Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Logs at sheet level

Can anyone suggest me if there is any way by which we can find when a particular sheet was active in an application or when it was last active.

This is required to remove the  unnecessary  sheets from the application

This is really urgent!

6 Replies
marcus_sommer

AFAIK it's only possible with the audit logging: Instructions on how to enable Audit Logging in the QMC.

- Marcus

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Marcus,

Thanks for the info!

But I tried to change the config file but it denied the access...

Run as administrator option is also not coming by right click...Is there any way by which I can change the confifg file..

Thanks

marcus_sommer

I think it's blocked because the QlikView server accessed the file. This meant you need to stop the services, change the config and restart the services.

- Marcus

rwunderlich
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Those instructions are for Management Service logging -- not what you want.

What you want to audit user activity is Audit Logging,.which can be turned on on the QMC logging tab. No config file change necessary.

-Rob

http://masterssummit.com

http://qlikviewcookbook.com

marcus_sommer

Thanks, Rob. I wasn't carefully enough to look more closely into the link that it aimed to the qmc-activities and not to the actions within an application.

@ Aman: the audit logfiles reside (if enabled in the qmc) here:

\\YourServerServer\D\ProgramData\QlikViewServer

You might need some adjustment to path regarding to your installation-paths. The id 18 showed the activating of a sheet. More to the id-codes could you find here: Logs and error codes ‒ QlikView.

- Marcus

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Marcus,

Yes, the issue is resolved.

@Rob: If we don't change the config file then the check ox for audit logging gets disabled, it gets enabled for checking only if you have set the flag for auto logging to 'true' in the config file.

Thanks a lot Rob and Marcus