Qlik Community

QlikView Performance

Discussion Board for collaboration on QlikView Performance.

mmpas4887
New Contributor III

Qlikview - Issue with objects loading

We have an unusual issue with ONE of our documents.

Sometimes, but not all, when a user opens the document, some of the charts are missing. (see screenshots) This only occurs on some of the tabs. Other info

  • It can happen immediately after opening the document.
  • It can happen on the very first time the document is opened.
  • It will usually occur on one of the QVS servers but it will eventually migrate to all of the servers.
  • Restarting the QVS service will resolve the issue
  • The issue appears several days after a restart
  • There is nothing I can see in any of the logs.

Correct

correct.png

Incorrect

incorrect.png

Any ideas?

Tags (3)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
mmpas4887
New Contributor III

Re: Qlikview - Issue with objects loading

Both of these issues have disappeared after some dev work on the qvw. I suspect it was one or a combination of these three

1. Optimized the expressions

2.Reduced data set

3. Removed section access

7 Replies

Re: Qlikview - Issue with objects loading

*What's the size of your app?

*Check the RAM size availability in the Server because of this it takes time to load the object . Once the application gets cache in the server it open up normally and that's what its happening in your case ...

*Same things goes when you restart the server it clears the temp memory and allocates max RAM availability for your app

*If your using calculated dimension or heavy expression in the chart try to handle it in the script

Hope this helps you

Employee
Employee

Re: Qlikview - Issue with objects loading

Morris,

If occurring with ONE specific QVW only, then another thing to check would be the QVW's .shared file. Use the .shared file cleaning functionality of QVS.

Hope this helps.

-Chip

Sr. Technical Support Engineer with Qlik Support
mmpas4887
New Contributor III

Re: Qlikview - Issue with objects loading

Thanks for both of your responses

I should have mentioned that it is not always the first user so sometimes the dashboard is already in memory. I checked the memory usage and it was within normal limits.

I will try cleaning the shared file.

mmpas4887
New Contributor III

Re: Qlikview - Issue with objects loading

I deleted the .Shared filed and the issue appeared again almost immediately. One thing I noticed from the logs that the document name looks like this for the cases were no error was observed

\\SERVERMANE\ACCESSPOINT\Filename.qvw

And the ones that fail are

\\servername\AccessPoint\Filename.qvw

mvv
New Contributor

Re: Qlikview - Issue with objects loading

Hi Morris can you contact QlikView Support as per your license agreements as they can help out trying to reproduce the issue and then report as a bug if it´s something wrong with QlikView in this case

mmpas4887
New Contributor III

Re: Qlikview - Issue with objects loading

I am still working with support on this issue. The change in the case of the path seems to have been a dead end. I see a change in case even when the issue doesn't occur.

A new issue has started with the same object. Export to excel sometimes fails with an "invalid format" error.

Since these two issues only occur with one document and they have a custom section access implemented, I am beginning to believe the security has something to do with. We are currently removing all security and trying to reproduce the issue.

mmpas4887
New Contributor III

Re: Qlikview - Issue with objects loading

Both of these issues have disappeared after some dev work on the qvw. I suspect it was one or a combination of these three

1. Optimized the expressions

2.Reduced data set

3. Removed section access

Community Browser