Qlik Community

QlikView Publisher

Discussion Board for collaboration on QlikView Publisher.

Not applicable

2 gb QVSYSMONITOR application

How big is too big for a Qvsysmonitor application?

I am trying to open a QVSysMonitor that is over 2 gb in size.  Over a VPN it is painful of course. 

I know the current applications are NOT optimized and there are many redundancies across 100's of applications.  I am sure this is what is causing the size issue.

I want to be able to let the owner of this environment know that the size alone is a good indication of a poorly designed qv environment.  Is this reasonable to assume?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable

Re: 2 gb QVSYSMONITOR application

Check to log folders that are being loaded, perhaps alot of old log files that just using up storage space, and do not need to be loaded

6 Replies

Is that the app that loads server and audit logs? The size may be due to retaining a lot of log data.

Rob

Not applicable

Check to log folders that are being loaded, perhaps alot of old log files that just using up storage space, and do not need to be loaded

Hi,

Qvsysmonitor size is NOT good indication of a poorly designed qv environment.

Rather it shows the usage, which means QlikView is heavily used in your environment and hence you have huge logs.

Try by cleaning/ Deleting old log files or configure Qvsysmonitor to read the required logs only.

Hope it help.

Regards

ASHFAQ

Employee
Employee

Hi Debbie,

I would look at reducing the data that you are collecting. Maybe, do it for 6 months or less to get the size down to something manageable.

Bill

Not applicable

Unfortunately it is not heavily used but they do have a TON of unused applications and a full dev folder on their prod environment, which should not be there as they have a full DEV server with publisher.  I am working on a recommendations list for them to clean up their current environment.  gettign rid of that dev folder will cut it down quite a bit as it is full of years of applications . 

Not applicable

I have asked their admin to look at it.  I cannot open it at all from accesspoint or desktop.  They might need to set up a new one and limit it.  I was hoping to use it to show them performance issues

Community Browser