Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
brindlogcool
Creator III
Creator III

AD group access

Hi ,

We have webserver authentication  type as NTLM and login page is default login page.

We are using AD groups to enable access to the user. It is working fine, Would like to know when the new user is added to the user group do we need to refresh the Qlikview dashboard so that the access will be enabled to the user or once the user is added by default the user will have the access to the Qlikview dashboard even without refreshing the Qlikview task.

13 Replies
Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

No, but it might be a while before the user can see the document. QVS would have to refresh the document list before the user could see it.

Bill

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
brindlogcool
Creator III
Creator III
Author

What is the document list. Are you referring to Qlikview publisher task to reload the file or the User documents page has to be refreshed once (Without reloading the task).

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

When a user logs into the system QVS has to determine what documents the user has rights to view.

Bill

To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
brindlogcool
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Thanks for your response and i agree with you. Consider me as a layman and let me know as the Task has to be reloaded or not. Or only the User documents list page has to be refreshed.

If only the document page has to be refreshed. Then it is equal to refreshing the task.

Please confirm or correct me if i am wrong.

brindlogcool
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hi Bill,

Could you please help me ....

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi,

If you are adding the user to the Task ther Task has to be ran before the user will have rights to the document.

Bill

Not applicable

Hi

i am using AD groups as well but it doesn't permit users to see documents.

I have a group for Document CAL and a group for Named Cal

I assigned Named_Group in Licences, Assign CAL

I assigned Doc_Group to every document i need (1 with 3 users allowed and 1 with 7 users allowed)

No dynamic assignment

If i try to open a document as a member of the group I can't access.

SO i assigned my name from the AD and i can open it

What did i miss ? Can you tell me ?

Best regards

Chris

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi,

You can not use groups to assign CALs

Bill

Not applicable

This should be fixed, as I actually have the option to add user groups in System > Licenses > QlikView Server > CALs > Assigned CALs, but it is not possible to use this CAL as a group