Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Access Management Architecture

Hi!

I have to come up with a recommendation on how to design and create access rights.

(Just to mention - I am beginner in QlikView, company where I work, decided to buy the tool).

Tale of the tape is:

- We have a production and development servers.

- What has to be cleared is how colleagues will develop dashboards/applications.

- Will they develop on local machines or using remote access

- on development server, we have created "InDevelopment" folder and gave access rights to two groups "Intern" and "Extern" (they can see all developing applications)

- it should not be alowed that every developer can see what every other developer is doing

- the security concept should be defined with Windows Active Directory Groups

- the users are following:

1) QV Developers (in "Operations" and in "IT" department, therefore - two groups) - these users are doing loading, transformation, creating data models..

2) QV Designers (in "Operations" and in "IT" department, therefore - two groups) - these users create dashboard layouts

3) QV Users/Testers (in "Operations" and in "IT" department, therefore - two groups) - these users can see and test an app/dashboard

- I have to suggest a plan how to define security, and how they should develop in the future - local vs remote i.e. development concept has to be defined - this is teh CORE question, and the reason for writing this post. I would appreciate help and suggestions concerning this matter.

(the order of the request is maybe not optimal because of the brainstorming and the lack of the big-picture from my side, another reason for asking help this way)

0 Replies