Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

AccessPoint Encryption

Hello,

We recently upgraded to QlikView Server 9.0 and we are beginning to use the QlikView AccessPoint. I would like to give my users access to the option to download the file so they can view the document offline, but I have concerns about the file. Is the file that the users download from the QlikView AccessPoint encrypted?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
vgutkovsky
Master II
Master II

Larry,

The file is not encrypted by default, but you can configure QVS to use SSL and HTTPS. See the QVS Reference Manual for more details (there are several files and settings you need to modify, so just search the Manual for "SSL").

Regards,

View solution in original post

3 Replies
vgutkovsky
Master II
Master II

Larry,

The file is not encrypted by default, but you can configure QVS to use SSL and HTTPS. See the QVS Reference Manual for more details (there are several files and settings you need to modify, so just search the Manual for "SSL").

Regards,

shelvinpatel
Contributor III
Contributor III

Hi Vlad,

I came across this post while searching for my answer. I have been asked to set SSL certification on Qlikview server so that the access point can be browsed using HTTPS.

Qlikview reference manual says that windows based client is encrypted with 128-bit encryption.

Does IE-plug in considered to be windows client?

If not, then traffic between client browsing application via HTTP accesspoint and QVS sever has any form of encryption or not? or the traffic is simply plain text.

Thanks in advance.

Shelvin

vgutkovsky
Master II
Master II

Shelvin,

I think if you don't have SSL then the default encryption is 128-bit RSA for Windows-clients. And yes, in this context the IE Plugin is considered a Windows client. For AJAX, you need SSL if you want to implement security.

Regards,