Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Accesspoint Password Input by keyusers or User can be done??

Hello Guys,

There is a setting in QEMC where the custom users and groups can be maintained. The problem is the passwords there. As everyuser who are having accesspoint access cannot log in on to server, we have to define the password. Is there a better way so that the customers who are login on to the server can give there own password.

Thanks in advance.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
vgutkovsky
Master II
Master II

Sravan,

Actually, users will by default login with their Windows identities. You've switched away from the default behavior and are now using DMS mode with custom directory. If you want to go back to default, you would put it back in NTFS mode and use NTFS file permissions to control user access. Usually IE settings will be set so that authentication information is sent automatically to intranet machines. You can force a login by going to QEMC --> System --> Web Servers --> Accesspoint tab and setting Authentication to "Login" and typing "login.htm" in the Login Address field.

Regards,

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Not applicable
Author

It would have been nice if a standard password is set and the users can change later on..

vgutkovsky
Master II
Master II

Well, there's no way to do this with built-in QEMC functionality, but you could write your own AJAX page that would do it. You would need it to modify the following file: C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\DirectoryServiceConnector\CustomDirectoryData.xml (or C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\QlikTech\DirectoryServiceConnector\CustomDirectoryData.xml on older OS's). Note that the passwords are encrypted in this file, so you would need to figure out what the encryption is in order to set the file. Your script would also need to run with administrative privileges because you might need to restart the DSC and Server to apply changes.

In general, I'm not exactly sure what you are asking. How are your users being authenticated as authorized to access the AP? Is it through the AD? If so, then I'm not sure why you need a Custom Directory at all...But if they are authenticated using the Custom Directory only, then they would need some temporary password set or else it would be chaos, no?

Regards,

Not applicable
Author

Hello Vlad,

Thanks for your answer. Our users are authorised with the Custom directory, we created in the QEMC.There are keyusers and also normal users which are given the accesspoint access to see the different QV Analysis. What the keyusers are allowed to see are for the normal users not allowed. Also for security issues that other people should not have access there must not be a common password but a user assigned password. I donno if there are settings, where the users or Keyusers can login with there windows Passwords.

I hope I am a little bit clear in my explanation.

Regards

sravan

vgutkovsky
Master II
Master II

Sravan,

Actually, users will by default login with their Windows identities. You've switched away from the default behavior and are now using DMS mode with custom directory. If you want to go back to default, you would put it back in NTFS mode and use NTFS file permissions to control user access. Usually IE settings will be set so that authentication information is sent automatically to intranet machines. You can force a login by going to QEMC --> System --> Web Servers --> Accesspoint tab and setting Authentication to "Login" and typing "login.htm" in the Login Address field.

Regards,

Not applicable
Author

I want to sync up a handful of my login credentials w/ an application we manage. The users credentials are stored in a database and I use them for section access. I wanted to also use custom directory to control which apps these uses see, and I didn't want to use the single sign on approach which bypasses accesspoint, because I don't want users locked into Ajax.

Ideally, I like to create a process to update this cutom directory xml file regularly. Has anyone else tried to generate their own custom directory xml file? I greatly appreciate any help I could get to get passwords in the correct encrypted format.