Skip to main content
Announcements
Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Adding email recipients to a distribution.

Currently I am trying to work on running a .qvw and have the results published to a email group as a PDF. We have installed the PDF add-on, and have publisher as well.

I go into the Source documents section, select the document, and on the Distribute I click Add for the email section. The window opens (pic 1) and quickly changes to a different window (pic 2).

I can only search on groups/users that are local to the QV server. The only scopes available are None and the local server, not the domain the server part of, and that the Directory Service Connector is configured to use.

Are we stuck using only local groups to manage email lists, or is there something I am missing?

pic 1:

error loading image

pic 2:

error loading image

34 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Thank you Vlad, but I'm steel have the message LOGIN FAILED in DMS mode.

In attachement my configuration

Regards

Oronzo

Immagine1.PNGImmagine2.PNGImmagine3.PNG

vgutkovsky
Master II
Master II

Clear the username/password that you set in the second screenshot. This is the service logon, and should most likely be left blank in your case. The username/password in the 3rd screenshot should be OK.

Not applicable
Author

Thank you Vlad it works fine !

If you want to visit south Italy we can offer a dinner to you

Regards

Oronzo

vgutkovsky
Master II
Master II

My pleasure, glad it's working

Cheers,

Vlad

userid128223
Creator
Creator

managed to change authentication method from NTFS to DMS, created custom user, email.

When i tried triggering task that send qvw via email i get following error.

Failed to EnqueueWithShapeText

Distribution failed for resource "SendAppToMaggie_MailAttachment_1" (MailAttachmentDistributionResource). Warnings=0, Errors=2

Distribution to resources failed with errors. Warnings=0, Errors=3

The task "SendAppToTom" failed. ErrorCount=4

Exception=System.Net.Mail.SmtpFailedRecipientException: Mailbox unavailable. The server response was: 5.7.1 Unable to relay for *****@.com

at System.Net.Mail.SmtpTransport.SendMail(MailAddress sender, MailAddressCollection recipients, String deliveryNotify, SmtpFailedRecipientException& exception)

at System.Net.Mail.SmtpClient.Send(MailMessage message)

at QDSMain.SMTPServerResource.SendMail2(ILogBucket i_LogBucket, SmtpClient i_SmtpClient, MailMessage i_MailMessage)

Any idea what could be causing this.

when i do smtp email test it works. how via task it fails.