Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
madsgrathe
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Applying Section Access AFTER distribution

Hi everyone

Just a quick question: Is it possible to apply Section Access AFTER the distribution of a QlikView document?

I'm hoping to have a master document where there is no Section Access, and then Loop & Reduce this document to a collection of smaller documents WITH Section Access.

The reason being that the original document is too heavy to load in the Access Point if it has Section Access activated. So I would like the users, who are allowed to see everything, to not have to be greeted by a long loading time, since Section Access isn't really needed for them.

Hope you understand my issue.

1 Reply
kaushiknsolanki
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi,

It is not possible to have section access applied after distribution, because section access is done at script level.

In your scenario what will be best as per me is, you create separate application for Full access users and Restricted Access users.

For full access users you will not have section access. But for restricted access users you will have section access.

Regards,

Kaushik Solanki

Please remember to hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!