Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Qvmaster2019
Creator
Creator

At least one of the QVS distributions does not have a mount specified

Hi Everyone,

Just want to check how to fix this error.

This happens whenever i am scheduling a job.

4 Replies
gonzaloruizgonz
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Hi Darwin,

I got the same problem at one of our customer. The workaround for us was to define a mounted folder at the QVS settings.

I trying to find out the cause of the issue without success. This problem appear for us after an upgrade från version 9 to 11.20.

here is the replay from QT Support:

I called and left a message. I noticed the following line from the case description:

THIS IS A NEW INSTALLTION THERE WE PUT THE QVPR FROM ONE MACHINE TO ANOTHER.

I believe this is the reason for the error messages you have seen. There are several references in the QVPR to the machine ID as well as the file paths to the locations of files. It's possible to go in and manually edit every reference to the old machine ID, but it is not recommended. 

Possible solutions for migrating a QVPR from one machine to another might included:

1. Changing the settings of the original QlikView Server to use default locations and references like "localhost" prior to migrating.

2. Using the Remote Management Service to migrate tasks from one server to another.

To be honest, we have deside to cleanup evething and build all from beginin.

br

Gonzalez

Not applicable

I have just upgraded our server version 10 to 11 and faces the same problem. I get this error message when trying to save some - not all - distribution jobs and I can't see any differences in them more than in the recepient list.

Gonzalo, could you better explain how your workaround was done?

Also, does anybody now what this problem points at? I can't save these distribution jobs.

Not applicable

Darwin, did you sort this problem out?

Giuseppe_Novello

Dear Darwin,

This issue comes from the QVPR. I bet you are trying to add mount folder or do some kind of modification QMC>Qlikview server but when you hit apply the error shows up. Basically, a source folder is point to a non exist publisher resource ( maybe a old publisher or reload engine), which it is trying to find but can't. Now, reading Gonzalos, he is correct what its happening in detail.

Giuseppe Novello
Principal Technical Support Engineer @ Qlik