Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Authentication on qlikview server x64 and IE9

Hi all,

I've a problem about the autentication with qlikview server site using IE9; the problem is that it asks for the credentials more than one time, generally three, then I can access to it

When I use firefox, safari or google chrome, everything works correctly, there's any special setting to do for IE9?

Did anyone get the same behaviour? I have qlikview server/publisher x64 10 sr4 on windows server 2008 sr2, Qvs uses IIS 7.5 as web server

Thanks for any help you can give me

Greetings

Marco

8 Replies
hallquist_nate
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Perhaps IE9 is not cache'ing credentials, like the other browsers are.  In the IE properties, there are settings for Cache'ing credentials and what not.  I would compare those settings to those in the other browsers and see if they are the same.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Nate,

I want the application asks for credentials but only one time as the other browsers; in the prior discussion I forgot to write that I set SSL security on qlikview site

hallquist_nate
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

What do your IIS settings look like?  I know that there is a spot at the Server and site level to set authentication, like Forms, Basic, and Windows Authentication.  This is getting outside my expertise, but I think you need to tweak those settings to Windows Authentication.  I know that you can also do a Forms Auth, and have those creds pushed through to satisfy the other Authentication requirements.  But like I said, this is outside me area of Expertise.

Wish I could be more helpful...

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

unfortunately this is outside of my expertise too, however you gave me a good idea. I'll let you know if it solves the issue

Not applicable
Author

Hi,

I tried to change any settings, as you suggested, but anything has changed yet

Thanks for all suggestions, it's a great puzzle

Marco

hallquist_nate
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

One last thing to check is the Group Policy Object and Local Security settings for Cached credentials.  It is the setting that regulates how many previous logins are stored and passed through the browser.  It is a bit of a reach, but it is someplace to look.  The GPO may have a setting of Zero.

Nate

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Change the authorization on the QlikView virtual folder to only Windows. This should take care of it.

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
Not applicable
Author

Thanks for the help, but I dont' know how to do it, if you could tell me how, I would be grateful

Thank you

Marco