Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Automation of Qlikview documents

Hi Frnds,

Please suggest me the solution for below scenario.

Our client data warehouse is refreshing once in a hour and it will take
different times according to data now i need to trigger the Qlikview documents
after completion of database refresh in QMC. I don’t want to specify in QMC
like once in a hour trigger this application it should start when then data
warehouse refresh is completed.

6 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

You should take a look at the EDX trigger.

Here is some info: Using EDX in QlikView 11

Here you can find the code for the EDX trigger: braathen/qv-edx-trigger · GitHub

Hope this helps!

ali_hijazi
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II

I had this scenario at one of our clients

I cannot start the reload unless the process of day closure is finished

the only way to know if I can reload is when the system writes a txt file into a directory

so I created a an exe that checks for the existence of that file this exe pings the directory every 2 minutes

then I added a QlikView supporting task to run this exe which when sees the txt file exits and then I made the reload task to start just after the supporting task finishes successfully i.e. when EXE exits

supporting_task.png

I can walk on water when it freezes
Not applicable
Author

Please can you share the exe or source code if you have and can you explain little bit more it will be help full...

ashfaq_haseeb
Champion III
Champion III

Hi,

Check if this helps

http://community.qlik.com/thread/15988

Regards

ASHFAQ

Not applicable
Author

Another option you have is to get the warehouse to write out to a 'finished' table when complete, I have had the situation before where there is a number of source systems that need to refresh, so a single row is written into a table as each finishes, so only want the reload to happen when 5 rows are present.

You can use this table and run a very frequent cycle to check this table and only when the right number of rows is returned, do the full load.

The other option you have, is to trigger the reload from a central scheduling system via an EDX trigger to QV. The scheduling system would control the warehouse and once the load is finished, trigger your reload.

hope that helps

Joe

Not applicable
Author

thanks a lot frnds for your suggestions and help....