Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Banding through Loop values in filed not generating PDF Reports in Publisher

Doc1.png

I am trying to generate PDF reports based on current selection on "ID" filed and looping through based on the possible values in a filed using QV Pubisher 11. Somehow it doesn't work and it just hangs it there in the task while if I generate the report in Qlikview Desktop it works fine.

Please,any ideas or suggestion would be apprecaited it.

Thansk,

Sandip.

5 Replies
Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Can you send screen shots from your publisher setup?

Bill

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
mr_janne
Contributor III
Contributor III

patelsandy1981 wrote:

I generate the report in Qlikview Desktop it works fine.

Does the publisher have rights to save documents to destination folder? The user account that publisher uses needs permissions to read/write to the PDF destination folder.

regards.janne

Not applicable
Author

Hi Janne,

Thanks for your reply and time ,appreciate it.

It does has the rights to save documents to destination folder. Funny enought that if I create a bookmark and use that book mark as the initial selection than it works fine and generate PDF reports and distribute them but it does not work on simple field as the initial selection....

Regards,

Sandip.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Bill,

Thanks for your reply,appreciate it.

Which page of publisher setup screen shot do you need to see?

Sandip.

Not applicable
Author

Plesae,find the below few lines of the Log files where it hangs and does nothing after the last long line.

I did tried to create and replace the document bookmark with marco and see if it does generate PDF reports but it looks like it does not work.

Information Number of rule combinations was calculated successfully. Rounds=1

Information Empty rules

Information Rules resulted in distribution.

Information ROUND: 0 of 1. WarningCount=0

Information Building filename

Information Destination name: CXReporting_backup2.qvw

Information Set script

Information Resetting of the Document Script for the Distributed Document was successful. ScriptType=Clear

Information Offer resources

Information Commencing ReduceData

Information Allocating new QlikView Engine. Current usagecount=3 of 4

Information Max retries:5

Information Attempt:01

Information Allocated QlikView Engine successfully. Current usagecount=3 of 4, Ticket=4

Information Loading document "C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\DistributionService\1\temp\4551af56-5ea9-4060-a9e5-29ef33953bf2\document.qvw" (6.70 Mb)

Information Loading. LoadTime=00:00:01

Information Loading. LoadTime=00:00:03

Information Physical FileSize=6.70 Mb. Memory Allocation Delta for this file=47.92 Mb. Available Physical Memory Before Open=23887.74 Mb. Available Physical Memory After Open=24327.11 Mb. Total Physical Memory=30715.61 Mb.

Information Attempted to load the document with data.

Information The document was loaded successfully.

Information Document was opened successfully

Information Completed ReduceData

Information Memory Allocation Delta for this file=5.67 Mb. Available Physical Memory Before Reduce=23892.67 Mb. Available Physical Memory After Reduce=24327.11 Mb. Total Physical Memory=24327.11 Mb.