Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Bat file crashing

Hi,

We are having 3 qv documents for reload a single batch file and it is reloading fine. Sometimes I have found that after starting batch file, first qvw starts to reload in between cmd.exe get crashed automatically and it is not available in task manager due to which other sequential both qvw won’t run (first is already started so it will run successfully without any issue).

Anybody has experienced this issue or what might be the reason?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Arunesh

3 Replies
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hello Arunesh,

If all three QVW are using the same QVDs or sources to read from or to store into, I'd strongly recommend to create three different, depending tasks, so the second does not start until the first has successfully finished, and likewise with the third.

If you are not using Publisher, you will need to make sure that no dialog window or prompr appears when doing the reload, and make sure that the Task is set up to "Run whether user is logged on or not", just in case you log off that user and the task must run.

Hope that helps.

Miguel

Not applicable
Author

Hi Miguel,

Thanks for your suggetion, I am not using publisher, yes i have set "Run whether user is logged on or not" only.I am not facing this issue on daily basis..this is happening only once or twice a day.. this is starnge for me..

Regards,

Arunesh

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Arunesh,

Leave some time idle before each reload, do not trigger all three at the same time. If you have some sort of antivirus or backup software that may lock some of the files that are changed by the reload (mainly QVD and QVW) so when the next reload tries to open the file, it crashes.

How often do you run the reloads? There might be the case that one reload on File1 starts when the previous reload on the same File1 is still running...

Hope that helps.

Miguel