Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Can we reduce data by selecting EXCLUDED values instead of Included values?

We want to reduce the data to a new published QVD and I know how to do this and it works, but lets say I want to only exclude 1 market do I really have to click on each market to select the included ones?

If that's the case I probably need to use section access to reduce the data set.

The Reduce tab shows this

"Creates one document. All data not included in the selection will be removed. "

Thanks

-Dan

4 Replies
Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hello Dan,

What about clicking on the market you want to include and right clicking on "Select excluded" instead of selecting each of the excluded values? You can use a button with an action for that, or use an EXISTS() function in your WHERE clause...

I don't see any reason to use section access here if it's not something related to security.

Hope that helps.

Not applicable
Author

Unfortunately that is not an option in Qlikview Enterprise Management Console for data reduction.

You cannot right click and choose excluded like you can in a selection box.

Select all is available when you right click but does nothing.

Not applicable
Author

I think what Miguel is suggesting is feasible - he's saying to incorporate some comparisons in your script, as opposed to built-in functionality out of the box.

ashfaq_haseeb
Champion III
Champion III

Hi Dan

What mrigun said is exactly correct.

However if at all you want to do it by QEMC.

then you need to have publisher with you.

where in publisher will create a separate file for your excluded values and a separate file for the included ones.

Hope that helps

Regards

ASHFAQ