Qlik Community

QlikView Publisher

Discussion Board for collaboration on QlikView Publisher.

Highlighted
miguelpmena
New Contributor III

Can we replicate a set of tasks with triggers and dependencies into the same QlikView Publisher?

Hi everyone:

I am trying to replicate a set of multiple QlikView Publisher tasks  that have different triggers and  different  dependencies into the same QlikView Publisher? Not to a different server.

Say we have the following QVW documents:

QV X Documents [without tasks]

Doc 01.qvw

Doc 02.qvw

Doc 03.qvw

and I want to take the following set of QV Documents that exist on the same Publisher under a different header Name but with the identical QV Document names. These documents already have their tasks already created with their triggers and their dependencies

QV Y Documents [all already have their tasks defined with their triggers and dependencies]

Doc 01.qvw

Task 01

Task02

Doc 02.qvw

Task03

Doc 03.qvw

Task 04

I am looking for a quick way to copy all the tasks with their triggers in "QV Y Documents"  into "QV X Documents" including all tasks with their triggers and their dependancies... like if you were "cutting and pasting" a folder with its sub-folders and their content.

I am looking to do this many times and I would like a quick and short method to apply it as a "Cookie Cutter" to the entire set of docs opposed to copy a single task at a time.

Thanks for your help.

2 Replies

Re: Can we replicate a set of tasks with triggers and dependencies into the same QlikView Publisher?

Don't think so. Anyway, not using the QMC.

But since task definitions are stored in XML files, you may be able to devise your own (PowerShell/Python/VBS) script to do this directly on the QVPR. Some advanced programming may be required...

Partner
Partner

Re: Can we replicate a set of tasks with triggers and dependencies into the same QlikView Publisher?

I have tried searching for similar option in my previous project [ i wanted to create similar set of tasks for multiple database environment like dev/SIT/UAT etc in QMC]

Sorry, but I don't think there is any out of box feature in Qlikview to handle this scenario.