Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
WO
Contributor
Contributor

Cannot start QlikView Distribution Service - Error 1067

Hi , 

we have a cluster composed of two nodes and a server dedicated to the publisher and a server containing our professional environment ( application / source document ) , all the services are running except the QDS service ( Publisher server ) , we tried to activate it but no solution ( error 1067 , as shown here ) , otherwise we tried all the solutions available in the community and also on qlik support as listed below :

https://support.qlik.com/articles/000005283

https://support.qlik.com/articles/000003049

Thank you for your comprehension and I remain at your disposal for any further information.

Kind Regards,

OUTAL Wajih

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

The best course of action is going to be to remove the contents of the following directly if you have everything set to default locations:

C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\DistributionService

Archive that all out and leave the empty folder, then try to restart the service, I suspect that will likely do the trick unless you have a security related issue to where the service account does not have access to write to the location etc...  About the only two things of which I can think it would be.

The contents will be recreated from the QMS and the QVPR files if the service does start, you will lose all the prior task log entries in the QMC etc., but you can load those up into the Governance Dashboard app via the folder to which you copied the contents etc. if you still want the information.

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

The best course of action is going to be to remove the contents of the following directly if you have everything set to default locations:

C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\DistributionService

Archive that all out and leave the empty folder, then try to restart the service, I suspect that will likely do the trick unless you have a security related issue to where the service account does not have access to write to the location etc...  About the only two things of which I can think it would be.

The contents will be recreated from the QMS and the QVPR files if the service does start, you will lose all the prior task log entries in the QMC etc., but you can load those up into the Governance Dashboard app via the folder to which you copied the contents etc. if you still want the information.

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.
WO
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Hi Brett ,

Thank you very much for your feedback, that's what I did, I archived the old file and I restarted the services and its work.

Thank you again for your explanation and help.

Kind Regards,

OUTAL Wajih