cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
avastani
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

CommandLine is empty

I am trying to run an External Program (i.e, run a macro in the qvw) from Publisher as an EDX Triggered based on completion of a reload task.

Could someone please help with the .bat file to be created and what to use in the command line in publisher? I have the following in the .bat file which works from command prompt but not from Publisher

"C:\Program Files\Qlikview\QV.exe" /r /vsendReport "C:\Users\Documents\test.qvw"

i put this in the .bat file as the only line and in the Publisher External task I put

"C:\Program Data\QlikView\myfile.bat"

I run the job and I get error that the CommandLine is empty. Please help if you have encountered or know a way around it. Thanks.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
avastani
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

that wouldn't work. the problem is with incorrect syntax in the commandline execution of qv.exe. cannot use /v to run a macro. removed it and it worked.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Not applicable

Move your .bat in a path wihout spaces (Es: c:\QlikView\myfile.bat) or try to use the next syntax

cmd.exe /c C:\"Program Data"\QlikView\myfile.bat

bye

avastani
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

that wouldn't work. the problem is with incorrect syntax in the commandline execution of qv.exe. cannot use /v to run a macro. removed it and it worked.