Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
avastani
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

CommandLine is empty

I am trying to run an External Program (i.e, run a macro in the qvw) from Publisher as an EDX Triggered based on completion of a reload task.

Could someone please help with the .bat file to be created and what to use in the command line in publisher? I have the following in the .bat file which works from command prompt but not from Publisher

"C:\Program Files\Qlikview\QV.exe" /r /vsendReport "C:\Users\Documents\test.qvw"

i put this in the .bat file as the only line and in the Publisher External task I put

"C:\Program Data\QlikView\myfile.bat"

I run the job and I get error that the CommandLine is empty. Please help if you have encountered or know a way around it. Thanks.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
avastani
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

that wouldn't work. the problem is with incorrect syntax in the commandline execution of qv.exe. cannot use /v to run a macro. removed it and it worked.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Not applicable

Move your .bat in a path wihout spaces (Es: c:\QlikView\myfile.bat) or try to use the next syntax

cmd.exe /c C:\"Program Data"\QlikView\myfile.bat

bye

avastani
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

that wouldn't work. the problem is with incorrect syntax in the commandline execution of qv.exe. cannot use /v to run a macro. removed it and it worked.