Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Conditional Show for Objects fails on the Access Point documents - using IE Plugin

We are experiencing problems with the Conditional Show property of sheet objects (pivot tables, line charts, multibox and list boxes) in which they are set to be visible based on the value of one or more fields in an 'island table'. The conditional show works fine on the develompent version .qvw, but has significant issues on the documents hosted on the Access Point (we use the IE Plugin).

When you select a field which modifies which charts will be shown, and then you go to another tab, some of the sheet objects on that tab appear in strange locations or appear when they shouldn't (based on the Conditional condition set in the "layout" tab of the object properties). Or, sometimes when you make a selection and return to a previous tab, the objects on that tab with conditional show are shown improperly (their location or whether they should be visible or not).

Again, the strange thing is that this phenomenon only occurs on an application hosted on the Access Point, never in the development .qvw version. This problem is hampering our ability to distribute our production application to our clients. [:S]

We use QV version 8.50.6326 and the IE Plugin.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

I think I have found one of the underlying issues (fingers crossed!).

The original QlikView applicaiton I published to the web server (Access Point w/ IE Plugin) has a Hide/Show "toolbar" which allows a user to hide or show several list boxes and multiboxes by selecting a field. The Hide/Show field was "shared" across all tabs, meaning that if a user selected "Show" for the selection toolbar, that selection would carry across all other tabs, and all objects with the Conditional Show logic of x.ShowHide_Field = 'Show' would then be visible. The ShowHide_Field was a one field 'island' loaded inline (ShowHide_Table: Load * Inline [ x.ShowHide_Field <return> Show, Hide];

It appears that QlikView (v 8.50) cannot handle this type of show/hide conditios across tabs.

I changed the application to have the same type of logic but to use separate ShowHide fields for each tab. So far I have not been able to replicate the errors noted in the original post.

Has anyone experienced this?

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Not applicable
Author

I think I have found one of the underlying issues (fingers crossed!).

The original QlikView applicaiton I published to the web server (Access Point w/ IE Plugin) has a Hide/Show "toolbar" which allows a user to hide or show several list boxes and multiboxes by selecting a field. The Hide/Show field was "shared" across all tabs, meaning that if a user selected "Show" for the selection toolbar, that selection would carry across all other tabs, and all objects with the Conditional Show logic of x.ShowHide_Field = 'Show' would then be visible. The ShowHide_Field was a one field 'island' loaded inline (ShowHide_Table: Load * Inline [ x.ShowHide_Field <return> Show, Hide];

It appears that QlikView (v 8.50) cannot handle this type of show/hide conditios across tabs.

I changed the application to have the same type of logic but to use separate ShowHide fields for each tab. So far I have not been able to replicate the errors noted in the original post.

Has anyone experienced this?

karensmith
Contributor II
Contributor II

Hi Tyler,

I am having a very similar problem. I have a Show/Hide island table. That supports users listbox selection of "Calendar Type". Based on listbox selection, certain objects show and other are hidden. But this does not working consistently, some times the objects don't show at all. Can you please elaborate on how you created the new logic to hanlde seperate ShowHide? Can you please post some time of example?

Thank you Karen.

Not applicable
Author

I must be missing something, but I can't see where / how to upload a qvw. Tongue Tied Yes, I feel a little incompetent now, but, I'm willing to learn. How do I upload my example qvw?

karensmith
Contributor II
Contributor II

When selecting Reply....there should be three tabs at the top of the screen, Compose, Options, and Preview. Under 'Options' tab, There is "file attachment" -->Add/update---> attach file and save.

Not applicable
Author

Thanks for the tip!

Hope the attached helps.