cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Could not run ReduceData

Hi there,

I'm getting the following error when Loop and Reduce task run:

Error: Could not run ReduceData. Exception=QVBWrapper.Exceptions.ReduceAndSaveFailedException: Failed to reduce and save document: C:\ProgramData\QlikTech\DistributionService\1\temp\1d115324-df2a-458c-a5d1-31c7e7749f1f\document.qvw ---> System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException: Error HRESULT E_FAIL has been returned from a call to a COM component.

Full task logs attached with this post.

Qlikview 11.2 SR5 running on windows server 12.

Thanks for your help in advance.

7 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Is it simple reduce or loop and reduce?

Is it first time failed?

While reducing based on a field value, that value might not exist which you have given as static.

Please share your answeres.

Regards,

Chinna

ashfaq_haseeb
Champion III
Champion III

Hi,

Split the task with loop and reduce one time and distribute in second.

But this you will come to know where is the exact issue.

I would suggest you to try by removing _ and spaces from your application / task name

Dashboard BasketAnalysis _ 10s and 20s.qvw

Let me know if that worked.

Regards

ASHFAQ

Not applicable
Author

Hi Chinna,

Thanks for  your reply. It IS a simple loop and reduce and first time fail. It loops and reduce based on a field values in the data set. No static given values.

I have test the server with smaller size application (few MBs) and worked fine but still cannot figure out the main reason for this failure.

Your help would be much appreciated

Not applicable
Author

Thanks Ashfaq for your suggestions,

I can remove the underscore from the name but cannot remove the spaces as it coming from the data. The values in the field that looping and reducing containing spaces.

I'll try loop and reduce without distributing and let you know the outcome.

Regards,

Ahmed

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

if small set of data is working fine and bigger set is not working, then it could be either of these reasons.

it is due to the duplication  of field values used for loop and reduce.

or

It might be having more values that qlikview able to loop. I'm not sure what is the maximum number of values that Qlik view can reduce and distribute in loop and reduce functionality.

Or

Your server set up might be running out of memory due to number of values in loop field is more.

Hope this helps.

Best regards,

Chinna

Not applicable
Author

Hi Chinna,

there are only 7 distinct values in the field that I'm looping and reducing.. If you look through the attached log file it shows the reduced qvw file has created successfully but it didn't got saved!

Thanks for your help

Ahmed

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Please check the write permissions on the User documents folder for the ID which you are running the schedule Task? and apply write permissions to the folder and try again.

if it is still not working, I would suggest to create a qvw file with the data only for 2 distinct values(I mean filter out the possible data in script for 5 values) and try to loop and distribute for those 2 values. If it is working then in it is not issue with the data.

Now you create a task only for reload, then create tasks for distribution as suggested below.

There is a other way(may not be exact solutions), you can create a 7 tasks one after one with Simple loop for your 7 different values.

Best Regards,

Chinna