Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Create PDF

Hi All,

How to create multiple PDFs using Qlikview publisher.

8 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Are you talking about PDF Reports? They got to the developed in Qlikview client and called in QMC for distribution.

Thanks,

Prabhu

Not applicable
Author

PDF report template is created using qlikview desktop.

Now I want to generate 2 PDFs based on selection in a field.

eg: I have a field Country having values as USA and UK.

So now it should create 2 pdfs, 1 with data for country USA and 2nd pdf with data for country UK.

advait_thakur
Creator III
Creator III

Hello Rupali

I am not sure if you have created any task in Publisher or not but to

Countries USA and UK  (Field: Country) and email id with respective region should be link in qlikview script(Inline Load).

Then create a task in Publisher > Go to Reduce tab > add the document with Country and Loop Field in Document tab >Choose Field Containing Receiptant Info as Email and then Check use identity on No Validation.

Then on Distributor Tab Choose File Type as PDF report from your source document (.qvw file).

By this way the users will get data for UK and USA on their Email ID in PDF format.

Make sure the users are in same domain.

Regards

Advait

Join the official Qlik Enthusiast's page here
https://www.linkedin.com/groups/6513382/
Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hi,

See if this will help.

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
Not applicable
Author

Thanks Advait and Bill for replying.

I will try with the help you provided, but I would like to understand if Email field is compulsory to provide as I do not want to distribute the PDF through Email but only store it in a folder.

Bill_Britt
Former Employee
Former Employee

No, Email is not required.

Bill - Principal Technical Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

Then I need to keep the field blank or provide the any other field?

Not applicable
Author

hello,

you might want to create a macro that creates the pdf based on a specific bookmark ?

Its what I do , but I dont have publisher.