Qlik Community

QlikView Publisher

Discussion Board for collaboration on QlikView Publisher.

Announcements
QlikWorld 2020: Join us May 11 - 14, 2020 in Phoenix, AZ. Register early and save $400. Learn More
Highlighted
micahsakata
New Contributor III

Directory Service Connector - LDS authentication issue

Our current landscape uses AD and we have multiple domains that connect to our QVWs.  Our company is doing away with LDAP authentication and is moving to ADLDS.  I can't get this new environment to work.

So instead of using the "Active Directory" DSC, I've connected through "Configurable LDAP".  I used the following string to connect to the LDS service:

LDAP://AAAlds.webDomain.com:123/dc=AAA,dc=webDomain,dc=com

This yield a listing of users (lastname, firstname format) from LDS and all looks good.  If you hover over the entries where it shows the true entry which is the domain/user revealing the problem.  It's returning results where the domain is different from our true domains.  As i mentioned previously, our landscape spans muliple domains by divisions in our company.  Let's say we have domain ABC, DEF, & GHI; and my username is ABC\user.  The LDS value that returns is DSP1/user.

The issue here is despite being able to view the user with the wrong domain, and assign distribution to that user, the user will never authenticate because the domains don't match.

I spoke with our LDS admin and he says that I'm pointing to the wrong base DN.  Somehow I'm supposed to add a BaseDN value of "o=webDomain.com".  If I add that portion to the string above, it breaks it.  If I replace the "dc" portion with the "o" entry, it works except that it returns user ID numbers with the same issue.  If I hover over the user ID, I get the wrong domain/username combo.

Anyone know what I am doing wrong?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
micahsakata
New Contributor III

Re: Directory Service Connector - LDS authentication issue

we are using Windows authentication.  the issue is that DSP1\user does not equal ABC\user.  in any case, i figured it out.  in the "configurable LDAP" section, at each entry, there's a pencil icon which lets you edit DSP details.  QlikView defaults to "DSP1".  i changed that value to my domain and it works.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Support
Support

Re: Directory Service Connector - LDS authentication issue

Any time you are not using Windows Authentication you have to write your own SSO page to authenticate the users and pass that information to QVS. There is two ways you can do this. You can use Webtickets or Header. If you seach the community for SSO you should be able to find some post that will help you.

Bill

Bill - Designated Support Engineer at Qlik
To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.
micahsakata
New Contributor III

Re: Directory Service Connector - LDS authentication issue

we are using Windows authentication.  the issue is that DSP1\user does not equal ABC\user.  in any case, i figured it out.  in the "configurable LDAP" section, at each entry, there's a pencil icon which lets you edit DSP details.  QlikView defaults to "DSP1".  i changed that value to my domain and it works.

View solution in original post