cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mayuranp
Creator
Creator

Directory Service Connector is offline in Qlikview

I have installed Qlikview server components in one server and publisher in another server.

When I run the reload and distribute task it is failing with Directory Service Connector is offline error. If I don't distribute the task is working fine.

Can you please let me know what needs to be done?

Thanks.

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
mayuranp
Creator
Creator
Author

Re-applying the credentials and restarting the services on both servers solved the problem.

Right click on services entered the QV admin service login and password again and restarted all Qlikview services on both servers. The distribution worked fine since then.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

Hi @mayuranp,

Have you reviewed the task log created for the failed Publisher task and searched for the error in the Qlik Support Portal?  Suggest you also review the the QlikView Management Service log for errors/warnings pertaining to the Directory Service Connector service. By default, this log is stored in %ProgramData%\QlikTech\ManagementService\Log and has a naming convention of year_month_day.txt.

If you don't find answers on the portal, provide the errors in this thread with your questions.

Principal Technical Support Engineer with Qlik Support
Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you!
mayuranp
Creator
Creator
Author

I searched for this error in support portal and community but could not fix the issue with the suggestions provided.

All Qlikview services are running fine. I checked the management service log and there aren't any errors.

Here is the error message from task history:

(17/10/2019 06:52:00) Error: The task "Reload and Distribute of Kevyn Aucoin.qvw" failed. Exception: || QDSMain.Exceptions.TaskFailedException: Task execution failed with errors to follow. ---> QDSMain.Exceptions.DscOffLineException: Directory Service Connector is offline. || at QDSMain.DistributeTask.DistributionExecution(String fileName, Document qvbDocument, DistributionRequest distributionRequest, IExecutingTaskResult executingTaskResult, String repeatVariableName, String currentRepeatVariableValue) || at QDSMain.DistributeTask.Distribution(String fileName, DistributionRequest distributionRequest, IExecutingTaskResult executingTaskResult, String repeatVariableName, String currentRepeatVariableValue) || at QDSMain.DistributeTask.PerformExecute(IExecutingTaskResult executingTaskResult) || --- End of inner exception stack trace --- || at QDSMain.DistributeTask.PerformExecute(IExecutingTaskResult executingTaskResult) || at QDSMain.Task.AbstractTask.TaskExecution(CurrentExecutionArgs args)

Chip_Matejowsky
Support
Support

So looks to be a communication issue between the QDS and DSC which caused the task to fail. Does the task fail each time it is run, or is this a one-time issue or intermittent issue? Have a look at the Qlik Support article "Task Log shows: QDSMain.Exceptions.DscOffLineException: Directory Service Connector is offline ". 

Principal Technical Support Engineer with Qlik Support
Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you!
Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

Mayuran, my main hunch on this one would be TCP port 4730 is blocked from the Publisher server to the other server running the DSC, can you verify the port is open, you can use the Windows Telnet Client on the Publisher server to try to connect to the port on the other server by doing Telnet DSCServername 4730, and what you should get if things are open is a clearing of the CMD dialog and a blinking cursor in the upper left corner, any error tells you the port is blocked, and you will need to get that opened up.  This is the only thing of which I can think if everything shows as online in the QMC etc. and the Windows Services applet shows things are good there.  

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.
mayuranp
Creator
Creator
Author

Re-applying the credentials and restarting the services on both servers solved the problem.

Right click on services entered the QV admin service login and password again and restarted all Qlikview services on both servers. The distribution worked fine since then.