Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bennywoo
Contributor II
Contributor II

Disable email alert from test server

I have a QV Publisher connects to one production server and on test server.

I set email alert from the QV Publisher (in QMC, system => setup => Distribution services => Alert email)

The problem is the alert email will be sent if jobs fail in both production and test server.

How can i disable alert email if the job failure is from the test server ?

Regards,

Benny

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

AFAIK That's not possible using standard QMC configuration options, and I think for two reasons:

• Alert emails is an all-or-nothing-affair. Either you enable them, or you disable them globally.
  • A shared Publisher hasn't the faintest idea were a QVW is coming from. Those are just anonymous document files to reload. It's only during the last step (Distribution) that the Publishier has to contact a QVS, and only if you distribute to a QVS.

Can't you duplicate your Publisher? That would eliminate today's risk of having a test reload job messing up the regular production reloads. There are Test Publisher licenses available as well.

Peter

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Peter_Cammaert
Partner - Champion III
Partner - Champion III

AFAIK That's not possible using standard QMC configuration options, and I think for two reasons:

• Alert emails is an all-or-nothing-affair. Either you enable them, or you disable them globally.
  • A shared Publisher hasn't the faintest idea were a QVW is coming from. Those are just anonymous document files to reload. It's only during the last step (Distribution) that the Publishier has to contact a QVS, and only if you distribute to a QVS.

Can't you duplicate your Publisher? That would eliminate today's risk of having a test reload job messing up the regular production reloads. There are Test Publisher licenses available as well.

Peter

bennywoo
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Thanks Peter.

We don't have the Test Publisher Licenses.

Regards,

Benny