Qlik Community

QlikView Publisher

Discussion Board for collaboration on QlikView Publisher.

bennywoo
New Contributor II

Disable email alert from test server

I have a QV Publisher connects to one production server and on test server.

I set email alert from the QV Publisher (in QMC, system => setup => Distribution services => Alert email)

The problem is the alert email will be sent if jobs fail in both production and test server.

How can i disable alert email if the job failure is from the test server ?

Regards,

Benny

Tags (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Disable email alert from test server

AFAIK That's not possible using standard QMC configuration options, and I think for two reasons:

• Alert emails is an all-or-nothing-affair. Either you enable them, or you disable them globally.
  • A shared Publisher hasn't the faintest idea were a QVW is coming from. Those are just anonymous document files to reload. It's only during the last step (Distribution) that the Publishier has to contact a QVS, and only if you distribute to a QVS.

Can't you duplicate your Publisher? That would eliminate today's risk of having a test reload job messing up the regular production reloads. There are Test Publisher licenses available as well.

Peter

2 Replies

AFAIK That's not possible using standard QMC configuration options, and I think for two reasons:

• Alert emails is an all-or-nothing-affair. Either you enable them, or you disable them globally.
  • A shared Publisher hasn't the faintest idea were a QVW is coming from. Those are just anonymous document files to reload. It's only during the last step (Distribution) that the Publishier has to contact a QVS, and only if you distribute to a QVS.

Can't you duplicate your Publisher? That would eliminate today's risk of having a test reload job messing up the regular production reloads. There are Test Publisher licenses available as well.

Peter

bennywoo
New Contributor II

Thanks Peter.

We don't have the Test Publisher Licenses.

Regards,

Benny

Community Browser