Qlik Community

QlikView Publisher

Discussion Board for collaboration on QlikView Publisher.

Announcements
QlikView Fans! We’d love to hear from you.
Share your QlikView feedback with the product team… Click here to participate in our 5-minute survey.
Rules, plus terms and conditions, can be found here.
Not applicable

Distribute Tab does not have QlikView root server as a destination choice

I have a user on our Development system trying to create a task. He is able to create it, but when he gets to the Distribute tab, he selects "Loop Field in Document" but does not have the option of setting the Destination : target type as the QlikView root server.  The other two options, e-mail and Folder, are there.  Is there a security setting somewhere that needs to be set for this user?  If I go to the task I can see that option.  Any ideas?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable

Re: Distribute Tab does not have QlikView root server as a destination choice

It turns out he was not a document admin on the documents folder but he was on the source documents folder.  Once I added him as an admin on the documents folder, he was able to see the root server as an option.  Thanks for the reply.

2 Replies
danielrozental
Honored Contributor II

Is he a member of QlikView Administrators? Are you using document administrators?

If you set the values for a task is the able to see those settings? Have you consider giving him permissions over qlikview server folders?

Not applicable

It turns out he was not a document admin on the documents folder but he was on the source documents folder.  Once I added him as an admin on the documents folder, he was able to see the root server as an option.  Thanks for the reply.

Community Browser