Qlik Community

QlikView Publisher

Discussion Board for collaboration on QlikView Publisher.

Announcements
QlikView Fans! We’d love to hear from you.
Share your QlikView feedback with the product team… Click here to participate in our 5-minute survey.
Rules, plus terms and conditions, can be found here.
Not applicable

Distribute task crashes

Hello everyone,

I have just created a distribute task on QMC. This tasks fails.

I use mutiple reduction, I mean several user documents are created according to the value of one particular field.  (I have one document per country). Actually, this application (let's call it C) is a copy of another one (let's call it A) but with different users.  (I mean the table containing which users can access to the data of each country).

I have compared the logs of the 2 applications (the one that works and the one that fails).  Here are the lines where the logs differe.

In application A (that works):

Binding Loop Reduction Set (0), Determinate Round Count (47), Determinating round count. (47), Finished (47)

03/04/2015 17:12:19.3686811 Information Commencing ClearSelections. FieldName=Profil

In application C (that doesn't work) :

Binding Loop Reduction Set (0), Determinate Round Count (0), Determinating round count. (0), Finished (0)

03/04/2015 17:17:13.6908988 Error Could not distribute, unexpected error.. Exception=System.InvalidOperationException: Operation is not valid due to the current state of the object.

at QDSMain.LoopReductionSet.get_Current()

I guess the problem come from that "Determinate round count" is 0. What does determinate round count stand for ??

Do you have any ideas ?

Thank you.

Have a good day

Ce message a été modifié par : Laura Sébille

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable

Re: Distribute task crashes

Hey Guys,

I think I've figured out what was wrong.

In the reload tab in QMC, I entered some script parameters : Language in Parameter names and US;F in Parameter value. The document is generated both in english or in french and users have access to one of them according to what I had entered in my security tab.

The problem came from the fact that I had reinitialized the security tab and so for the application, there was no one who was supposed to access to the english version.

Because of the way I scripted the application, the English version couldn't be generated.

3 Replies

Does this distribution concern a field that is locked by accident?

ramoncova06
Valued Contributor III

are you able to open the document with the desktop client ? 

was it saved with section access ?

Not applicable

Hey Guys,

I think I've figured out what was wrong.

In the reload tab in QMC, I entered some script parameters : Language in Parameter names and US;F in Parameter value. The document is generated both in english or in french and users have access to one of them according to what I had entered in my security tab.

The problem came from the fact that I had reinitialized the security tab and so for the application, there was no one who was supposed to access to the english version.

Because of the way I scripted the application, the English version couldn't be generated.

Community Browser