Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JanFloren
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor

Distribute to dynamic folder

Hi,

I'm currently having the following problem. I have a QVW application where I use the loop and reduce functionality to split it up into 20 different QVW's... each file containing the data for one country.

Now I have a folder structure with seperate folders for every country, so the idea is that the QVW containing Germany's data ends up in the folder "Germany" and the one containing data from Francen in the folder France etc

Anyone knows how this can be done in a single task ? ... I think it was possible in earlier versions, but can't seem to find a working solution now.

Thanks for the help.

Regards,

Jan

10 Replies
danielrozental
Master II
Master II

Can you do something like %DocumentField,F1%\%SourceDocumentName%_%DocumentField,F1% in the reduced document name?

Take the folder name from a field in the document and use it in the loop & reduce settings.

Not applicable

I have the same problem. And it does not help. All files saves into one folder with name "%DocumentField,F1%". How i can save files into dynamic folders named as values of field?

Not applicable

I'm storing all files in same folder, but change the file name depending on the variables Year and j (counter for week)

Like this:

SET FileNamePer= '$(vFolderMainPath)$(vFolderSourcePerData)$(Year)_$(j).qvd';                        

Store PerData into $(FileNamePer) (qvd);

Should work similar if you'd like to store it into a different Folder

Not applicable

I want to do this without changes in load script and without reloading of data. Such as QV Publisher reducing. Is there another way?

Not applicable

It can be done.

You just to have your reduction on field in place and it works.

2013-09-12 14_07_28-QlikView Management Console.png

2013-09-12 14_07_54-QlikView Management Console.2png.png

And the result will be

asdadasdadsa.PNG.png
Each contains a reduced qvw.

lft
Employee
Employee

Hi,

If the trick with the file name doesn't make it, you could call a supporting task chained with your distributing task. This ST would make a call to an external program (like a .bat) that would move all the QVWs into the right folder based on the QVW file name.

Regards,

Loic

Not applicable

Thanks! It seems good. But i have no results doing all such way. Which version of QV you are using? I am using QV 11.

Not applicable

You should have publisher to do so!

Not applicable

Yes, of course. I try to do it in QV Publisher.