Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Distribution (Publisher) Job Warning

Hi Dear QV Community

Perform setup a Distribution JOB in QV Server 11 SR2 with Publisher, distributes and assigns the task properly released, but at the end of the execution is a Warning on Status-->Task Tab tab not know why, do not know how to review it, not where to find the problem.

Someone could help me? Deputy document the steps taken

El mensaje fue editado por: Marcos Herrera

11 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Please check the warning message from Events Log

Orginal Document Comercial.qvw

• Document Load: The document D:\QLIKVIEW DOCUMENTS\QLIKVIEW 2020\PRESENTATION\Comercial.qvw failed to load because anonymous access is not allowed
  • Document Load: The document D:\QlikView Documents\Qlikview 2020\Presentation\Comercial.qvw failed to load because anonymous access is not allowed

Distributed Documents Comercial_XXX.qvw

• Document Load: The document D:\QLIKVIEW DOCUMENTS\QLIKVIEW 2020\PRESENTATION\Comercial_Autoservicio.qvw failed to load because of no file access [19].
  • Document Load: The document D:\QLIKVIEW DOCUMENTS\QLIKVIEW 2020\PRESENTATION\Comercial_Constructores.qvw failed to load because of no file access [19].
  • Document Load: The document D:\QLIKVIEW DOCUMENTS\QLIKVIEW 2020\PRESENTATION\Comercial_Mayoristas.qvw failed to load because of no file access [19].
Not applicable
Author

Hello Marcos,

Have you found any solution to this problem? -I'm on QV 11.2SR5 and get the same error.

Any information is highly appreciated.

Thanks,

Daniel

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Hi,

Usually that message appears when section access does not include the NTNAME of the account running the QlikView Services, so when Publisher attempts to open the file to reload, does not have permissions, and therefore the error.

Miguel

Not applicable
Author

Hi Miguel,

Thanks for your answer!

The NTNAME of the QV-Serviceuser is included in section access (without any restriction, as you mentioned in v11SR2 Publisher not working w/ Section Access | Qlik Community).

The error doesn't occur when the QMC-task is running (or saving the file), it occurs, when users are trying to open the application via QV-Accesspoint (Ajax with InternetExplorer).

For some users it's working properly (despite the fact section access and access (ADMIN) is the same for both users).

I'm using QV-Publisher, but without any loop and reduce.

License is assigned to all of the users.

Best regards,

Daniel

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Daniel,

In the main page of AccessPoint, is the user recognized in the upper right corner or do you see anonymous or something wrong that is not yourself?

The issue is the same, something related with NTNAME security and the file (it has been distributed, but for example, section access only has the NTNAME line for the Publisher account).

The first test you can do is download the file locally and try to open using Desktop.

Miguel

Not applicable
Author

Miguel,

Thanks again for the fast reply!

The user is recognized correctly in the main page of AccessPoint...but only the username, not the domain; in section access i entered full name DOMAIN\USER, maybe this is not correct?

I don't understand what you mean by 'it has been distributed, but for example, section access only has the NTNAME line for the Publisher account'. How can my user and also at least 1 another user (so it seems my question above is obsolet) with the same restrictions (everything) open the application without any problems and some others not?

And it seems that every user with any section access restriction get the error-message "Failed to open document, You don't have access to this document" and in Events_<Server>.log I always get "failed to load because of no file access [19]".

Unfortunately i can't perform your suggested first test, because there's no QlikView-Client installed on users local PCs.

Any other ideas?

Best regards,

Daniel

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Daniel,

What about using that same user in a different computer? Using DOMAIN\USERNAME is the correct way to do it, and if some others do see the information it is either because the user with issues does not have actual data associated, so he exists in the section access table but with no associated reduction value or because the computer of the user has some kind of restriction, proxy... that makes it behave differently.

Miguel

Not applicable
Author

Miguel,

I'll try with that user on a different computer.

I checked data association, section access table: everything is fine. Didn't change anything.

A new distribute and DocumentCAL-assignement solved the issue for some of the users (NamedCAL & ACCESS=ADMIN), but not all (Named- & DocumentCALs, ACCESS=USER)

For testing and as a workaround, I do not use the distribute-function of the Publisher, set the grants on the file (as we're using NTFS) load everything as before:

It is working properly for all users!

So i don't think it can be a reason of associated data, section access table and proxy.

Any further ideas? -ticket with priority urgent is opened, but didn't get a respond yet.

Thanks in advance,

Daniel

Miguel_Angel_Baeyens

Daniel,

Any chance you are using the "*" in the section access table? Did you try removing that line?

Miguel