Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Distribution not overwriting existing file

Hi all,

I am a newbie with Qlikview so my apologies if this is documented somewhere and I missed it. I have "Reload" setup for a source document and it works fine. I have a distribution rule setup under the "Manually" tab and it goes to a mounted folder. This too works fine. However, i want the .qvw there to be overwritten by the distribution when it runs every night. However, it simply renames the new version with a _0 at the end. Is there a way I can tell the distribution to simply overwrite the existing .qvw file?

Thanks for your help.

Sai

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Not applicable
Author

I found the problem. I am writing this up in case it helps someone else in the future. I had to pick the "source" qvw file from a different folder and distribute it to the "target" folder from where end-users would access it. Before this, I was trying to distribute it to itself i.e. the source and target were the same file.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
danielrozental
Master II
Master II

I think you probably have something set in the distribution task to change the name.

You look in the task settings and remove it. If you can't find it delete the task and create it again.

Not applicable
Author

I found the problem. I am writing this up in case it helps someone else in the future. I had to pick the "source" qvw file from a different folder and distribute it to the "target" folder from where end-users would access it. Before this, I was trying to distribute it to itself i.e. the source and target were the same file.