cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
fredriknyman
Contributor II
Contributor II

Distribution to subfolders

We need to distribute two documents with the same name. The source documents reside in different subfolders and I would like the user documents in the AccessPoint to do that as well. That shouldn't be a problem since (according to the help in QMC) documents may reside in subfolders of the root-folder. However, I can not figure out how to configure the tasks so that the distributed files end up in the subfoders and not directly in the root-folder.

I tried using mounted folders but then I got multiple instances of the user document in the AccessPoint, since the mounted folders were subfolders of the root-folder. If I create mounted folders outside the root-folder I supppose I would get a result I could live with, but there most be some way to distribute a document to a subfolder of the root-folder.

How do you distribute to a subfolder?

/Fredrik

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
fredriknyman
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

I figured it out. On the Reduce-tab it is possible to save the reduced document to another folder by writing [folder name]\ before the default name template. This works even if there is no reduction of the source document.

Hope this helps someone...

/Fredrik

View solution in original post

4 Replies
fredriknyman
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

I figured it out. On the Reduce-tab it is possible to save the reduced document to another folder by writing [folder name]\ before the default name template. This works even if there is no reduction of the source document.

Hope this helps someone...

/Fredrik

Not applicable

I tried this, and this is what i get:

1. QDSMain.Exceptions.DistributionFailedException: Distribute failed with errors to follow. ---> QDSMain.Exceptions.IllegalPathException: Path may be traversing outside of the resource destination folder (Path is not allowed to start with . or C:\ or \). Path: D:\PROD\publish\test.qvw

Any ideas why?

Thanks,

Robinson

fredriknyman
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Don't know if you have soloved the problem already. I have been away for some time.

Anyway, in the System, Setup-tab in Publisher, look in the settings for QlikView-servers and the tab Folders. There is a setting for Root-folder. The folder you want to distribute to must be a subfolder of this Root-folder.

Perhaps this is the reason for your error-message

/Fredrik

Not applicable

Hello Fredrik,

Thanks for the reply. I think i managed to get this done. Just didnt find the time to login to the community.

Thanks again.

Regards,

Robinson