Qlik Community

QlikView Publisher

Discussion Board for collaboration on QlikView Publisher.

Announcements
QlikView Fans! We’d love to hear from you.
Share your QlikView feedback with the product team… Click here to participate in our 5-minute survey.
Rules, plus terms and conditions, can be found here.
fredriknyman
New Contributor II

Distribution to subfolders

We need to distribute two documents with the same name. The source documents reside in different subfolders and I would like the user documents in the AccessPoint to do that as well. That shouldn't be a problem since (according to the help in QMC) documents may reside in subfolders of the root-folder. However, I can not figure out how to configure the tasks so that the distributed files end up in the subfoders and not directly in the root-folder.

I tried using mounted folders but then I got multiple instances of the user document in the AccessPoint, since the mounted folders were subfolders of the root-folder. If I create mounted folders outside the root-folder I supppose I would get a result I could live with, but there most be some way to distribute a document to a subfolder of the root-folder.

How do you distribute to a subfolder?

/Fredrik

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
fredriknyman
New Contributor II

Re: Distribution to subfolders

I figured it out. On the Reduce-tab it is possible to save the reduced document to another folder by writing [folder name]\ before the default name template. This works even if there is no reduction of the source document.

Hope this helps someone...

/Fredrik

4 Replies
fredriknyman
New Contributor II

I figured it out. On the Reduce-tab it is possible to save the reduced document to another folder by writing [folder name]\ before the default name template. This works even if there is no reduction of the source document.

Hope this helps someone...

/Fredrik

Not applicable

I tried this, and this is what i get:

1. QDSMain.Exceptions.DistributionFailedException: Distribute failed with errors to follow. ---> QDSMain.Exceptions.IllegalPathException: Path may be traversing outside of the resource destination folder (Path is not allowed to start with . or C:\ or \). Path: D:\PROD\publish\test.qvw

Any ideas why?

Thanks,

Robinson

fredriknyman
New Contributor II

Don't know if you have soloved the problem already. I have been away for some time.

Anyway, in the System, Setup-tab in Publisher, look in the settings for QlikView-servers and the tab Folders. There is a setting for Root-folder. The folder you want to distribute to must be a subfolder of this Root-folder.

Perhaps this is the reason for your error-message

/Fredrik

Not applicable

Hello Fredrik,

Thanks for the reply. I think i managed to get this done. Just didnt find the time to login to the community.

Thanks again.

Regards,

Robinson

Community Browser