Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pablomind
Creator
Creator

Document Chaining not working

Hi everybody,

In the office where im currently working we have a Qlikview Server 11.20 SR17 and before upgrating to this version our Document Chaining between qlikview documents worked just fine. After the migration all the apps that used to call another Qlikview document doesnt work anymore. I dont even get a message error. When I click in the button that makes the call to a another document it simply doesnt do anything. Could it be an option in the QMC that I need to check for this to happen again? Anny suggestion?

Regards,

Pablo

Labels (3)
5 Replies
Albert_Candelario

Hi Pablo,
You mentioned you did a migration, did you move also the location of the documents?
Is the"Action" still pointing to the correct location?
If you could explain a bit more about the migration you did it would help to have all the context, so we might provide you better suggestions
Thanks!
Please, remember to mark the thread as solved once getting the correct answer
pablomind
Creator
Creator
Author

The location its the same and the Action buttons are pointing to the right the location of the documents. I didnt do the migration myself the IT deparment did and what they told us the just upgrade the version of the server and thats it. 

Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

Pablo, have you tried clearing the web browser cache on the folks that are having issues?  That is the only thing of which I can think given the update to things, so if you have not tried that, give it a shot and let us know if that helped or not and we can see what else we may be able to think of next.

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.
pablomind
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi Brett I found out that if I uncheck the Transfer State option in the Button/Text Object->Properties->Actions->External->Open QlikView Document-, the Document Chaining works perfectly but without transfering my filters of course. Still I dont understand why it doesnt work with the Transfer State option on which I need badly. Any idea?

Brett_Bleess
Former Employee
Former Employee

Pablo, well, the best I can surmise is you may have run across a defect in SR17, the most current SR for the 11.20 track is now SR20/13908, is there any chance you can load this up in your test environment to see if the issue persists in that SR?  I did do a quick look at the latest Release Notes, could not get any hits on Document Chaining etc. there, so I am doubtful there are any fixes, but I do not recall anyone else having issues though, so I am wondering if it is something else in your setup like having Server Bookmarks prohibited in the Server or Document Properties?  Pretty sure the selections are pushed over in a bookmark, so that would be the most logical thing going wrong here.  Can you try to run network trace from web browser using the browser dev tools to see if that will show us anything that way, we should be able to see what is passing on the call, so we can see if something is malformed or what...  Best I have to try to keep moving this forward.

Regards,
Brett

To help users find verified answers, please do not forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any post(s) that helped you resolve your problem or question.
I now work a compressed schedule, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, so those will be the days I will reply to any follow-up posts.