Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Document Distribution Error

Hi,

I'm in trouble with distribution service: I'm tring to distribute one document to a named user. I've setted the specific tab, but the task fails with the following error:

The task "ldr_ServerMonitor" failed. Part of the log file follows:

20/12/2012 15:12:39       Error      The task "ldr_ServerMonitor" failed. Exception:

1. QDSMain.Exceptions.DistributionFailedException: Distribute failed with errors to follow. ---> QDSMain.Exceptions.DistributeToResourcesFailedException: Distribute to resource failed. ---> QDSMain.Exceptions.DscOffLineException: Failed to AddNamedUsers

at QDSMain.Support.DSCHelper.AddNamedUsers(ILogBucket logBucket, XmlDocument xml, List`1 namedUsers, FileSystemPluginHelper fileSystemPluginHelper)

at QDSMain.Support.DSCHelper.GetFileSystemSecurity(ILogBucket logBucket, FileSystemPluginHelper fileSystemPluginHelper, List`1 recipients)

at QDSMain.QlikViewServerDistributionResource.CreateSettingsBlock(ILogBucket i_LogBucket, FileSystemPluginHelper i_FileSystemPluginHelper, String i_SourceDocumentName, DateTime i_LastUpdate, DateTime i_NextUpdate, Boolean i_EventDriven, String i_Category, eDistributionFileType i_TotalDistributionFileTypeMask, FilePackageContainer i_FilePackageContainer)

at QDSMain.QlikViewServerDistributionResource.Distribute(ILogBucket i_LogBucket, DistributionRequest i_DistributionRequest)

at QDSMain.DistributeTask.DistributeStreamToResources(Int32 round, Distribution distribution, IEnumerable`1 distributionResources)

--- End of inner exception stack trace ---

at QDSMain.DistributeTask.DistributeStreamToResources(Int32 round, Distribution distribution, IEnumerable`1 distributionResources)

at QDSMain.DistributeTask.DistributionExecution(String fileName, Document qvbDocument, DistributionRequest distributionRequest, TaskResult taskResult, String repeatVariableName, String currentRepeatVariableValue)

at QDSMain.DistributeTask.Distribution(String fileName, DistributionRequest distributionRequest, TaskResult taskResult, String repeatVariableName, String currentRepeatVariableValue)

at QDSMain.DistributeTask.Execute(TaskResult currentTaskResult)

--- End of inner exception stack trace ---

at QDSMain.DistributeTask.Execute(TaskResult currentTaskResult)

at QDSMain.Task.AbstractTask.TaskExecution(ILogBucket logBucket, TaskResult taskResult)

Anyone can help me?

The Directory service is ok, distribute the document to all authenticated user is ok, assign the permission to a named user after the distribution in the "user document tab"  is ok too.

I don't know how to look for what is wrong...

Thanks for help!

Best regards,

Matteo

7 Replies
danielrozental
Master II
Master II

The DSC service seems to be offline.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I've cecked it. It's running.

The access point shows me the documents in the correct way and simply looking for a user in DSC directory is working...I've got errors only on distribution...

danielrozental
Master II
Master II

can you post the entire task log?

Are you using DMS or NTFS as server security settings? can you also post the doucment distribution settings?

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

I'm using DMS.

What are you meaning as document distribution settings?

I distributed document on server with specified named user, nothing others specific features..

Not applicable
Author

What version of QlikView are you running?

I have the same issue only I'm using ODBC for the DSC. It worked fine before when running v11 SR2 (11.0.11414.0) but I'm now trying to upgrade our test environment to 11.20 (11.20.11643.0) and get this error.

The DSC log complains: "Data source name not found and no default driver specified" even though the ODBC connection is set up and was working fine before the upgrade.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi,

I’m running the v11 SR2 too…have you got any idea how to solve this problem?

Da: kschmidt

Inviato: venerdì 18 gennaio 2013 11:36

A: Matteo Fioroni

Oggetto: - Re: Document Distribution Error

QlikCommunity<http://community.qlik.com/index.jspa>

Re: Document Distribution Error

created by kschmidt<http://community.qlik.com/people/kschmidt> in Deployment and Management (Server/Publisher/AJAX/IE/Web Parts) - View the full discussion<http://community.qlik.com/message/301563#301563>

agigliotti
Partner - Champion
Partner - Champion

I got the same error using DSC ODBC, but sometime it works fine and sometime it doesn't works.

I'm using version 11.20 SR4

I have installed the DSC service on the same machine of publisher.

Please take a look here Error QDSMain.Exceptions.DscOffLineException: Failed to AddNamedUsers

How can I fix it ?