Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lakshmanvepuri
Creator
Creator

Document is not able to open

Hi,

I Qlikview document size is 1.5 GB, not able to open to see the script.

It hungs on the Server. Please let me know is there any alternate way to open that document..

Thanks

Vepuri

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Vegar
MVP
MVP

You can open the application without data. Please review this support article on how to do it.
https://support.qlik.com/articles/000003762

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Sonja_Bauernfeind
Digital Support
Digital Support

Can you give the community a little more information on the issue?

• Are you trying to open the document with the QlikView Desktop client?
  • Are you seeing an error message? If so, which one?
  • Or is the QlikView Server process or a reload process unable to open it? If so, what error message does it get?
  • Does the server you are using have enough memory available to open the document? You can check that by opening your task manager and reviewing RAM / CPU usage while you open the document.

Don't forget to Like posts and use the "Accept as Solution" button on content that answered your question! Thanks 🙂
lakshmanvepuri
Creator
Creator
Author

• Are you trying to open the document with the QlikView Desktop client?

< Working on Development Server using Qlikview Developer >

• Are you seeing an error message? If so, which one?

< No Error Message .. It is taking more than 20`30 minutes to open the File >

• Or is the Qlik View Server process or a reload process unable to open it? If so, what error message does it get?

Already reloaded document cannot be opened...

• Does the server you are using have enough memory available to open the document? You can check that by opening your task manager and reviewing RAM / CPU usage while you open the document.

RAM and PROCESSOR are highend and no issue with that..

Vegar
MVP
MVP

You can open the application without data. Please review this support article on how to do it.
https://support.qlik.com/articles/000003762
Josh_Berg_Support

Vegar's suggestion is a pretty good one, most likely the QVW is large because of the amount of data inside the QVW.  I would also suggest trying to open it without any data and see if that works for you.  What happens when you try to open the QVW in Qlikview Desktop, do you get any sort of error or does Qlikview Desktop become unresponsive?  Due to the size of the QVW I would be patient with QV Desktop trying to open it.  If you do get it open, you might consider trying to reduce the amount of data within the QVW to make it easier to manipulate next time you need to make changes.

Hope this helps!

Thanks,
Josh

Qlik Support

To help users find verified answers, please don't forget to use the "Accept as Solution" button on any posts that helped you resolve your problem or question.